Lian Dolan is a popular and enthusiastic public speaker, lacing her material with humor, warmth, and empathy.
Lian is comfortable talking — and laughing — about topics like:
- The Importance of Female Friendship based on her new collection of essays, You’re The Best
- Modern Motherhood with a laugh: Work/Life balance
- Writing: Books talks on Helen of Pasadena and Elizabeth the First Wife
- Marketing to Women: Lessons from the Satellite Sisterhood
- Relationships: sisterhood and caring for aging parents
- Reinvention: Finding Your Voice and Letting Creativity into Your Life
Lian had our packed ballroom of Council members in stitches! She was a perfect speaker for our Christmas luncheon and shared a much needed mirror on the funny, satisfying truths of women’s lives.
Elizabeth Toms, Director of Council Relations, Library Foundation of Los Angeles
We were honored to have Lian Dolan give the closing keynote address at our 2015 Festival of Women Authors. She is funny, passionate, wise, and an excellent speaker. Her talk provided the perfect ending to a day of extraordinary authors, and our attendees were delighted to hear and meet her.
Cindy Wood, Author Selection Committee, Orange County Literary Guild
You are the best for delivering such wonderful insight about female friendship during our alumnae weekend. Your heartfelt, hilarious candor produced the perfect about of laughter and tears during a memorable book talk that will surely go down as the highlight of the day.
Lisa Vandergriff, Alumnae Relations Direction, Westridge School for Girls, Pasadena
Lian’s experience includes:
- Lian has toured with Oprah Winfrey on the “Hi, Gorgeous” tour on behalf of O Magazine, acting as the emcee for the day-long event and introducing Oprah Winfrey
- Lian has performed stand-up and comedic storytelling, including multiple appearances at the popular UnCaberet in Hollywood
- Lian has spoken to large corporate groups like Proctor & Gamble and Dove on marketing to women and communication with female consumers
- Lian has hosted numerous awards shows and recognition conferences, including the Working Mother 100 Best Companies Awards Gala and the Gracie Allen Awards Luncheon. She has been a featured panelist at Blogher, the Los Angeles Times Festival of Book, the CALM Celebrity Author Luncheon in Santa Barbara, LA Library Literary Feasts and the Orange County Literary Guild Authors’ Weekend.
- Lian has done media tours for Quaker Oats and General Mills amongst other clients
- Lian has spoken to hundreds of women’s groups, charity organization and book clubs over the years. On behalf of her bestselling novels , Helen of Pasadena and Elizabeth the First Wife, Lian has done over 100 speaking engagements in between 2010 and 2013 all over the country. She has spoken to such organizations as the Junior Leagues of Dallas, Pasadena, Baton Rouge and New Orleans and National Charity League chapters around California.
- Lian has appeared at some of the top bookstores in the United States, including Powells in Portland, Book Hampton on Long Island, RJ Julia’s in Madison, CT, and Vromans in Pasadena, The Book Stall in Winnetka and Bloomsbury Books in Ashland, Oregon.